LEGO Newy goes FUTURE Newy!
Put your sci-fi goggles on, look to the future and try to imagine the kinds of buildings that architects will design and build in Newcastle in 2050 and beyond. Then turn your vision into reality with LEGO.
We want to see an amazing array of futuristic entries into this year’s FUTURE Newy competition – the more imaginative the better!
The winner will take home a mini IPad generously donated by the Newcastle Division of the Australian Institute of Architects.
ArchiFUN LEGO Workshops
Help your chances of success by attending one of two workshops hosted by the Newcastle Emerging Architects and Graduates Network (EmAGN) in the April school holidays. Learn the basics of architecture and buildings from professional architects then put your new skills to work at our LEGO tables.
2 - 4pm, Wednesday 16 & 23 April
Bookings essential: 4974 1401
- Competition opens 5 April 2014
- Entry forms due by COB, Thursday 24 April
- Delivery of works to Newcastle Museum 10am – 10.30am, Saturday 26 April
- Judging at Newcastle Museum: 11am, Saturday 26 April
- Collection of works: 12noon, Saturday 26 April
- This competition is open to young people ages 8 -18 years who are residents of Newcastle and the Hunter region.
- Entrants must agree to have their work brought to Newcastle Museum for judging from 10am to 12pm Saturday 26 April
- All LEGO will be returned to entrants.
- Entrants must give permission to have their entries photographed and used for publicity purposes.
Download the information sheet and entry form below and submit it to: LEGO Newy, Newcastle Museum, Workshop Way, Honeysuckle NSW 2300.
LEGO Newy Entry Form
The competition will be judged by a panel of three judges, including a representative of the Newcastle Division of the Australian Institute of Architects. All entries accepted for submission will be judged.
There will a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place award for the most outstanding entries.