Friday 25 September 2020 - Sunday 31 January 2021
9:30am - 5:00pm
See colour as you’ve never seen it before in this exhibition developed by Questacon - the National Science and Technology Centre and presented by Newcastle Museum.
Is your yellow the same as mine? How do pixels and paint differ? Have you ever wanted to see UV light like an insect?
Engage with more than 20 scientific experiences, ranging from coloured bubbles to iridescent insects to colour illusions. Explore how light influences colour and compare your perception of colour with your family and friends. See glowing quantum nanomaterials that change their colour with crystal size. The exhibition will show the power colour has on the choices you make every day, and on your responses to your environment.
- Bookings Essential, Suitable for ages 4+
- To comply with current Public Health Orders the venue capacity is limited to 50 visitors per session. Please register all bodies who will be visiting the exhibition including infants.
- Your tickets allow you to visit the Colour exhibition for 1.5 hours during the allocated time of your session only.
- One module in the exhibition requires an LED light. To experience this part of the exhibition, visitors are required to bring along their own personal LED torch or use the torch function on their mobile device.
- Once you have made your booking, please read the booking confirmation email which will let you know how to have a safe and enjoyable time upon your visit to the exhibition.